MEET THE CREWBozeman Brewing Company Team
Co-owner, Since inception; incorporated Bozeman Brewing in October 2000, began beer production August 2001, began hiring employees August 2005. Brewing professionally since April 1989.
Unofficial title: Check-Signer, Maintenance Man
Favorite part of the job: The people; employees as well as the patrons. People do not complain about good beer. He loves trying to problem-solve challenges, and he loves the team.
Personal motto: Work hard to play hard (or) It’s all about the beer.
How his brewery coworkers would describe him: Old man, Lacking a filter, In the Way.
What we love about him: Nobody compliments the boss.
Hidden talents: None he can share in a family-friendly context.
Favorite beer: Pinhead Pils, Gallatin Pale Ale, and “Whatever you’re buyin’ me”.
Non-beer beta on Todd: A wonderful wife, Lisa, two adorable chitlins, Morgan and Reed, two dogs, Molly the Corgi and Ozzy the Griffon and Sylvester the cat. Hobbies are typical Montana stuff; biking, skiing, canoeing, hiking, hunting, and working.
Co-owner, been with Bozeman Brewing since the beginning; incorporated in 2000, began beer production August 2001, began hiring employees August 2005
Unofficial title: Swamp Girl, Buzzkill, The Shorter Side of Todd
- Favorite part of the job: Her morning motivation to come to work starts with a whiskered dog nose in the face to go for a run, and knowing Dan-O is making the morning coffee at the brewery. And Lisa loves being part of the Bozone team.
- Personal motto: As her Pops would say, “Gotta have a little fun every day”
- What we love about her: Lisa knows how to shut down the canning line 🙂 (long story, she says… better ask her over a pint sometime)
- Three words her brewery coworkers would use to describe her: Short, shorter, shortest
- Hidden talents: The art of hammering on metal
- Favorite beer: Gallatin Pale Ale, always… unless the Berliner or Funky Virtue are on tap
- Non-beer beta on Lisa: Together with her wonderful husband, co-owner, and taller side, Todd, Lisa has two great kids, Morgan & Reedy; two dogs, Ozzy & Molly, plus Sylvester the Cat; she loves crafty hobbies, and might be too crafty for her own good…
General Manager, 15 years with Bozone
Unofficial title: MFC
- Favorite part of the job: Tucker loves beer, and loves Bozeman Brewing’s beer. We’ve built one of the longest-standing and most innovative breweries around. There’s constant challenges and changes to keep work interesting every day!
- Personal motto: Life’s too short to drink bad beer!
- What we love about him: Tucker’s willing to step up and do whatever needs to be done, no matter how long it takes.
- How his brewery coworkers would describe him: Dependable, passionate, soulless (he’s a ginger).
- Hidden talents: Tucker bakes the best banana bread you’ve ever had, plus he can play golf with the best of them.
- Favorite beer: Pinhead Pilsner. Tucker says a finely-crafted pilsner is the truest representation of a brewer’s skills and a brewery’s quality.
- Non-beer beta on Tucker: He’s proud to be a 4th generation Montanan.
Head Brewer, 15 years with Bozone
Unofficial title: Water Enhancement Specialist
Favorite part of the job: The people he works with, and the creativity, flexibility, and freedom of the work.
Personal motto: Always Seek the Gold Standard 😉
How his brewery coworkers would describe him: Obnoxious Boston guy
What we love about him: The beer he brews, especially Hopzone.
Hidden talents: He’s a pretty good cook!
Favorite beer: Pinhead Pilsner. His desert island beer pick, for sure.
Non-beer beta on Bill: Bill loves music and playing the guitar.
Brewer and Cellarman, 7 years with Bozone
Unofficial title: Head Barrel Wrangler
Favorite part of the job: Making unique sour and barrel-aged beers that you can’t usually find in Montana.
Personal motto: N/A (he’s a real team player and personal mottos get in the way.)
How his brewery coworkers would describe him: Detail oriented.
What we love about him: His sours and barrel-aged beers.
Hidden talents: Playing guitar and mandolin.
Favorite beer: Depends on the day; could be Pinhead Pilsner or one of our Vieux Bois Lambic-style beers.
Non-beer beta on Beal: He loves getting outdoors to mountain bike, hike, and camp.
Quality Manager, 5 years with Bozone
Unofficial title: Yeast Guy, Yeastmeister, Lab Guy, Forklift Ninja, The (Mad) Scientist
Favorite part of the job: Creating a product people love and enjoy, and also a product that brings people together.
Personal motto: A vigorous fermentation is the key to happiness. (or) The Best Beer is the Fresh Beer.
How his brewery coworkers would describe him: Baddest cat alive.
What we love about him: Dan makes strong coffee, and lots of it.
Hidden talents: He’s a bass player and vocalist with the Dirty Dirty, a local band. He’s also a solid leisure-sport athlete (e.g. horseshoes).
Favorite beer: Ours – North Broadway Black IPA, Not ours – The freshest local brew, wherever he may be.
Non-beer beta on Dan: Dan’s married to Alicia and they have a dog Riggins, and cat, Charles. Dan plays music, hikes, travels, and is always game for some beer drinkin’ and hell raisin’.
Brewer and Cellarman, 5 years with Bozone
Unofficial title: Keeper of the Beer, Beer Babysitter, Guy with the Crazy Lunches
Favorite part of the job: Brewing is a fantastic industry populated with a crazy mix of interesting people with unique backgrounds. He appreciates that brewing can be simultaneously physically and mentally challenging. It’s not easy work, and he likes that.
Personal motto: Keep the rubber side on the dirt. (or) Life is a garden, dig it.
How his brewery coworkers would describe him: Nice, helpful, and of average height.
What we love about him: His willingness to help out with most tasks and his ability to work long shifts with a great attitude.
Hidden talents: Cale is a talented visual artist who especially enjoys print-making, and has had several prints exhibited in regional juried shows.
Favorite beer: It’s a toss-up between the Common and our Pinhead Pilsner. He loves the Common because it’s an unusual style, executed well. He loves the Pinhead because it’s so dang good!
Non-beer beta on Cale: He has a wonderful wife and son, and loves trail-running and spending time in the mountains.
Cellarman, 7 years with Bozone
Unofficial title: Bright Beer Specialist, Kind Elderly Gentleman
- Favorite part of the job: Bruce loves being part of creating something where nothing existed before, and loves the Bozone work environment.
- Personal motto: Hit It Harder, Swear More.
- How his brewery coworkers would describe him: Erudite, peaceful, polite
- What we love about him: How he carbonates and filters beer.
- Hidden talents: If he told us, it would no longer be hidden.
- Favorite beer: Buzzkill Java Stout, Montana Common, Flanders, Porter.
- Non-beer beta on Bruce: When asked “Do you have any family, etc you’d like to share?” Bruce replied, “I have an 18-year-old son I would like to share, but nobody seems to want to take him off my hands.”
Sales representative, 4 years with Bozone
Unofficial title: He still works here?
- Favorite part of the job: Spreading the good word of beer; sharing knowledge about beer is satisfying to the part of Mark who loves to teach.
- Personal motto: We can do that.
- How his brewery coworkers would describe him: scrawny little runt.
- What we love about him: Mark’s a nice person who helps people out wherever he can.
- Hidden talents: Falling asleep in a moving vehicle (unfortunate, considering his job as a travelling sales rep.)
- Favorite beer: A tasty beer at the right time and right place.
- Non-beer beta on Mark: Mark’s loves his awesome wife Jenny, who makes his life infinitely better.
Lead Bartender and Merchandise Manager, 7 years with Bozone
Unofficial title: Best beertender this side of the Mississippi
- Favorite part of the job:
- Personal motto:
- How her brewery coworkers would describe her:
- What we love about her:
- Hidden talents:
- Favorite beer:
- Non-beer beta on Kristen: