MEET THE CREWBozeman Brewing Company Team
Co-owner, Since inception; incorporated Bozeman Brewing in October 2000, began beer production August 2001, began hiring employees August 2005. Brewing professionally since April 1989.
Unofficial title: Check-Signer, Maintenance Man
Favorite part of the job: The people; employees as well as the patrons. People do not complain about good beer. He loves trying to problem-solve challenges, and he loves the team.
Personal motto: Work hard to play hard (or) It’s all about the beer.
How his brewery coworkers would describe him: Old man, Lacking a filter, In the Way.
What we love about him: Nobody compliments the boss.
Hidden talents: None he can share in a family-friendly context.
Favorite beer: Pinhead Pils, Gallatin Pale Ale, and “Whatever you’re buyin’ me”.
Non-beer beta on Todd: A wonderful wife, Lisa, two adorable chitlins, Morgan and Reed, two dogs, Molly the Corgi and Ozzy the Griffon and Sylvester the cat. Hobbies are typical Montana stuff; biking, skiing, canoeing, hiking, hunting, and working.
Co-owner, been with Bozeman Brewing since the beginning; incorporated in 2000, began beer production August 2001, began hiring employees August 2005
Unofficial title: Swamp Girl, Buzzkill, The Shorter Side of Todd
- Favorite part of the job: Her morning motivation to come to work starts with a whiskered dog nose in the face to go for a run, and knowing Dan-O is making the morning coffee at the brewery. And Lisa loves being part of the Bozone team.
- Personal motto: As her Pops would say, “Gotta have a little fun every day”
- What we love about her: Lisa knows how to shut down the canning line 🙂 (long story, she says… better ask her over a pint sometime)
- Three words her brewery coworkers would use to describe her: Short, shorter, shortest
- Hidden talents: The art of hammering on metal
- Favorite beer: Gallatin Pale Ale, always… unless the Berliner or Funky Virtue are on tap
- Non-beer beta on Lisa: Together with her wonderful husband, co-owner, and taller side, Todd, Lisa has two great kids, Morgan & Reedy; two dogs, Ozzy & Molly, plus Sylvester the Cat; she loves crafty hobbies, and might be too crafty for her own good…
General Manager, 15 years with Bozone
Unofficial title: MFC
- Favorite part of the job: Tucker loves beer, and loves Bozeman Brewing’s beer. We’ve built one of the longest-standing and most innovative breweries around. There’s constant challenges and changes to keep work interesting every day!
- Personal motto: Life’s too short to drink bad beer!
- What we love about him: Tucker’s willing to step up and do whatever needs to be done, no matter how long it takes.
- How his brewery coworkers would describe him: Dependable, passionate, soulless (he’s a ginger).
- Hidden talents: Tucker bakes the best banana bread you’ve ever had, plus he can play golf with the best of them.
- Favorite beer: Pinhead Pilsner. Tucker says a finely-crafted pilsner is the truest representation of a brewer’s skills and a brewery’s quality.
- Non-beer beta on Tucker: He’s proud to be a 4th generation Montanan.
Head Brewer, 15 years with Bozone
Unofficial title: Water Enhancement Specialist
Favorite part of the job: The people he works with, and the creativity, flexibility, and freedom of the work.
Personal motto: Always Seek the Gold Standard 😉
How his brewery coworkers would describe him: Obnoxious Boston guy
What we love about him: The beer he brews, especially Hopzone.
Hidden talents: He’s a pretty good cook!
Favorite beer: Pinhead Pilsner. His desert island beer pick, for sure.
Non-beer beta on Bill: Bill loves music and playing the guitar.
Brewer and Cellarman, 7 years with Bozone
Unofficial title: Head Barrel Wrangler
Favorite part of the job: Making unique sour and barrel-aged beers that you can’t usually find in Montana.
Personal motto: N/A (he’s a real team player and personal mottos get in the way.)
How his brewery coworkers would describe him: Detail oriented.
What we love about him: His sours and barrel-aged beers.
Hidden talents: Playing guitar and mandolin.
Favorite beer: Depends on the day; could be Pinhead Pilsner or one of our Vieux Bois Lambic-style beers.
Non-beer beta on Beal: He loves getting outdoors to mountain bike, hike, and camp.
Quality Manager, 5 years with Bozone
Unofficial title: Yeast Guy, Yeastmeister, Lab Guy, Forklift Ninja, The (Mad) Scientist
Favorite part of the job: Creating a product people love and enjoy, and also a product that brings people together.
Personal motto: A vigorous fermentation is the key to happiness. (or) The Best Beer is the Fresh Beer.
How his brewery coworkers would describe him: Baddest cat alive.
What we love about him: Dan makes strong coffee, and lots of it.
Hidden talents: He’s a bass player and vocalist with the Dirty Dirty, a local band. He’s also a solid leisure-sport athlete (e.g. horseshoes).
Favorite beer: Ours – North Broadway Black IPA, Not ours – The freshest local brew, wherever he may be.
Non-beer beta on Dan: Dan’s married to Alicia and they have a dog Riggins, and cat, Charles. Dan plays music, hikes, travels, and is always game for some beer drinkin’ and hell raisin’.
Brewer and Cellarman, 5 years with Bozone
Unofficial title: Keeper of the Beer, Beer Babysitter, Guy with the Crazy Lunches
Favorite part of the job: Brewing is a fantastic industry populated with a crazy mix of interesting people with unique backgrounds. He appreciates that brewing can be simultaneously physically and mentally challenging. It’s not easy work, and he likes that.
Personal motto: Keep the rubber side on the dirt. (or) Life is a garden, dig it.
How his brewery coworkers would describe him: Nice, helpful, and of average height.
What we love about him: His willingness to help out with most tasks and his ability to work long shifts with a great attitude.
Hidden talents: Cale is a talented visual artist who especially enjoys print-making, and has had several prints exhibited in regional juried shows.
Favorite beer: It’s a toss-up between the Common and our Pinhead Pilsner. He loves the Common because it’s an unusual style, executed well. He loves the Pinhead because it’s so dang good!
Non-beer beta on Cale: He has a wonderful wife and son, and loves trail-running and spending time in the mountains.
Cellarman, 7 years with Bozone
Unofficial title: Bright Beer Specialist, Kind Elderly Gentleman
- Favorite part of the job: Bruce loves being part of creating something where nothing existed before, and loves the Bozone work environment.
- Personal motto: Hit It Harder, Swear More.
- How his brewery coworkers would describe him: Erudite, peaceful, polite
- What we love about him: How he carbonates and filters beer.
- Hidden talents: If he told us, it would no longer be hidden.
- Favorite beer: Buzzkill Java Stout, Montana Common, Flanders, Porter.
- Non-beer beta on Bruce: When asked “Do you have any family, etc you’d like to share?” Bruce replied, “I have an 18-year-old son I would like to share, but nobody seems to want to take him off my hands.”
Sales representative, 4 years with Bozone
Unofficial title: He still works here?
- Favorite part of the job: Spreading the good word of beer; sharing knowledge about beer is satisfying to the part of Mark who loves to teach.
- Personal motto: We can do that.
- How his brewery coworkers would describe him: scrawny little runt.
- What we love about him: Mark’s a nice person who helps people out wherever he can.
- Hidden talents: Falling asleep in a moving vehicle (unfortunate, considering his job as a travelling sales rep.)
- Favorite beer: A tasty beer at the right time and right place.
- Non-beer beta on Mark: Mark’s loves his awesome wife Jenny, who makes his life infinitely better.
Lead Bartender and Merchandise Manager, 7 years with Bozone
Unofficial title: Best beertender this side of the Mississippi
- Favorite part of the job: Sharing delicious beer with so many great people.
- Personal motto: Yes! Let’s do it!
- How her brewery coworkers would describe her: Depending who you talk to: Kind, hard-working, demon-like.
- What we love about her: Her ability to hold down the fort with a consistently great attitude. And her earrings.
- Hidden talents: Kristen has a solid yoga practice that she has been developing over the past 10+ years.
- Favorite beer: Hopzone. And allllll the goses.
- Non-beer beta on Kristen: When not slingin’ beers, you can find Kristen running and skiing in the mountains with her husband and their crazy dog. She also loves cooking good food to share with family and friends.